Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lupe Says Jay-Z's Word Means More

Lupe Fiasco recently defined what he really tghinks it means to be a success and how he does not sweat trying to impress the media. Lupe says that the mere fact that Jay-Z sees him as a great rapper is more important than a good review.

"So let's look at success is for me. When Jay-Z told me I was nice when I was 19, I was done. That was success for me. I didn't want much. Little kid from the hood who wanted to be a rapper, my idol at the time told me I was nice. I was done. And I used to say that to people, 'Listen, Jay-Z says I'm nice, so I don't need to rap for you. I'm good.' [Laughs.] I don't really care about the five mics, I don't care about the XXL ratings--not the magazines, I mean the ratings. I don't care about Pitchfork's 8.1 or 6.2 or whatever, The Rolling Stone's five stars or four stars. Jay-Z said I was nice, so as a rapper I'm good. And I'm better than you. And I can really rap. And you'll even say that I'm better than you. And just when you think that I'm not...go to sleep!"

http://www.rapbasement.com/lupe-fiasco/090910-lupe-fiasco-doesnt-care-about-critics-because-jay-z-says-hes-nice-details-here-click-now.html

No comments:

Post a Comment